Once you know what size of unit you are moving to, take note of these helpful hints to get the most out of your storage experience:
- Start Early: Don’t wait until the last minute to make the move to storage. Get organized first.
- Take Inventory: Write down what you are putting in your unit
- Only Use the Best: A poor quality facility can end up costing you more in the end
- Track Small Parts: When taking a table or other item apart for storage, secure screws and other small parts to the underside of the item so you always know where to find them later.
- 30-pound Rule: Don’t pack your boxes heavier than 30 pounds so they are more secure. Heavier boxes are more likely to tear and break if dropped.
- Pictures Are Worth A Thousand Words: If you are taking down something complicated, such as a computer, take a picture so you know how it is to be put back together.
- Marker: Use a broad tipped marker to label each box on two sides.
- Stacking: To maximize your storage space place the heaviest boxes on the bottom with lighter items on top.
These helpful tips will make your self storage experience more pleasant and much more efficient! Schedule an appointment today to view our demo units by calling 208-731-1000.